My name is Jeff Tinklet and I’m the lead content manager and customer support representative at Phones Spy. Basically, I steer the ship, deciding what news to cover, and how to cover them.
I grew up in Wyoming, and although I live in New York now, my heart is in the Highlands.
In this eScan Mobile Security for Android Review, I will give you full details about this software. Also, I will explain how this software works and write the full list of features its provide. So if you are interesting in Mobile Security for Android then you are on a right place. Hope you gonna like it, pleasant reading.
P.S. If you want to skip reading, you can follow to the main page and TRY IT FOR FREE:
TRY IT NOW! -> eScan Mobile Security for Android
Table Of Content
- 1 About me – author Jeff Tinklet
- 2 PROS
- 3 CONS
- 4 What is eScan Mobile Security for Android?
- 5 Why would I use eScan Mobile Security for Android application?
- 6 This is how the application looks when it is installed.
- 7 System Requirements
- 8 How to install eScan Mobile Security for Android?
- 9 License Activation
- 10 Device Administrator Settings
- 11 Secret Code
- 12 Recovering the Secret Code
- 13 Antivirus
- 14 Parental Control
- 15 Blocking Applications
- 16 Blocking Websites
- 17 Call and SMS filter
- 18 Anti-Theft Feature
- 19 Personal Security
- 20 Last Words
eScan Mobile Security is a user-friendly application that has been specially designed for securing your Android Mobile devices.
English, German, French, Netherlands, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Romanian, Vietnamese and Latin Spanish.
If you have any questions or problems, you can create the support request.
Customer support staff are friendly and always giving their best to help you and you can ask them anything.
Gives so many options and features:
eScan Mobile Security provides a very high-end security solution to your Android devices with lots of features.
With so many options and features that this application gives I don’t find real cons. The only cons I could give to this application would be price, but like I said, considering what this application gives it isn’t a really big of a deal.
What is eScan Mobile Security for Android?
eScan Mobile Security for Android protects your Android-based mobile device against new emerging cyber threats (malware and viruses), and with that ensuring you uninterrupted usage. It restricts unauthorized access of data, in case the device is lost or stolen.
eScan Mobile Security allows you to trace your device location or raise an alarm if lost / stolen.
There is also parental control feature that provides an extra layer of protection by blocking unwanted applications and unwanted website categories. In case of loss or theft you just need to send an SMS command from any mobile to your lost or stolen phone and you can either…
- wipe data
- or raise the alarm
…at the device.
If the unlock attempt fails more than twice the lock watch feature of mobile security will take a snap using the front camera. This captured snap will be sent to the email that you specified. The GPS Locate feature will enable you to locate the exact location of the device.
The SIM watch feature will notify you in case the SIM has been changed. eScan Mobile Security will also secure you in emergency situations. All you have to do is shake the device 3-5 times or just press the power button 3-5 times, SOS message will be sent to someone you specified.
Why would I use eScan Mobile Security for Android application?
Well, the main reason is that this application basically offers everything you need for making your Android safe and secure. You can even make sure that your children are safe by blocking specific websites or unwanted calls.
There are lots of features that this application provides:
✔ Anti-Theft: Allows remote blocking, data wiping, SIM watching and even helps locating phone through GPS finder.
✔ Antivirus: Real-time scanning and protection against viruses, infections, and other cyber threats.
✔ Call and SMS Filter: Facilitates content filtering of calls and SMSs based on parameters set through its Whitelist and Blacklist feature.
✔ Backup: Backing up and restoring of contacts/SMSs on to the memory card.
✔ Parental Control: Allows blocking specific web sites and applications.
✔ Privacy Advisor: Provides the complete list of applications using device permissions.
✔ Application Control: Blocks access to applications, unless specified.
✔ Personal Security: Send an SOS message along with your device location (Latitude, Longitude) on the alternate mobile number, in case of emergency.
✔ Lock Watch: Captures a Photo of the user using front camera whenever device unlock attempt fails for more than twice.
✔ Share App: Allows you to share eScan Mobile Security App with your family and friends using Bluetooth or email.
✔ eScan Widget: Allows quick access to Scan, Update, Call logs, as well as shows Anti-theft Status and allows you to optimize the device.
✔ Scheduled Scanning: Helps you to schedule a scan on the device.
✔ 24×7 Free Online Technical Support: Round-the-clock free online technical support via e-mail, live chat and forums.
✔ Available Languages – English, German, French, Netherlands, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Romanian, Vietnamese and Latin Spanish.
This is how the application looks when it is installed.
Prior to installation of eScan Mobile Security for Android, your android-based mobile device must meet the following criteria:
– Operating System: Android 2.2 and above
– Minimum Storage Required: 10- 15 MB (with Updates)
– Others: Internet connection
Current Version – 18.104.22.168
It does not support ROOTED devices.
How to install eScan Mobile Security for Android?
To install eScan Mobile Security for Android follow these steps:
- You can go to Play Store application and there search for “eScan Mobile Security”
- Or you can download the .apk file for eScan Mobile Security for Android from this link:
- Save this .apk file to your phone’s memory and tap on the .apk file to install.
Once you purchase eScan Mobile Security, you will have to enter a valid license key to activate the product. The license key will be mailed to your email address on purchasing the product online or if you have purchased a packet, the license key will be already included in it.
- You can either choose internet mode or SMS mode of activation; activation through internet will be instant whereas activation through SMS will take 48 hours.
- You can only activate one License Key on one device.
The first time you start eScan mobile Security you will see the screen where you need to enter following:
- Enter License Key
- Email address
You can there also activate Free Trial. The trial version is available for the period of 14 days, from the day of activation. On the Registration Details screen, fill up all the necessary details, and tap the Activate Online button, it automatically gets activated. You do not require a key to activate Free Trial version.
Device Administrator Settings
You will have to allocate Device Administrator rights to eScan mobile Security to perform the following actions.
The first time you start the eScan Mobile Security application on your device, it will ask you to set a secret code for your device. The Secret code should be between 4 and 16 digits. The eScan application will not open without entering this secret code.
Recovering the Secret Code
The eScan Mobile Security allows you to recover your secret code in case you have forgotten or lost the secret code. You need to specify a valid e-mail ID in the registration details because recovery code is sent to this e-mail address.
eScan antivirus provides security for your android mobile from malware viruses.
It will scan your device on real-time basis on the installation of any new application, or on downloading applications, thus keeping your device safe from all kinds of infections.
You can define the settings for automatic or scheduled scanning and updates.
When you start scanning you can choose the option of:
- Full Scan – scan all the files and folders on the device and the memory card.
- Folder Scan – scan only the selected folders.
- Memory Scan – scan all the files (in the data/ app folder) of all the applications installed on the device.
Option Update – update your Android device with latest antivirus signature updates. You must have an internet connection for downloading updates.
This feature will allow you to secure your Android devices from any unauthenticated access to any applications or category of websites.
You can customize the filters.
Steps to set parental control mode.
- On the eScan Mobile Security main screen, tap the Parental Control menu or tap the drop-down icon to expand and collapse the menu. The Mode, Blocked Applications, and Block Websites sub-menu appears.
- Tap the Mode: sub-menu. The Mode dialog box appears.
- Tap any one of the following options, as per your requirement:
Based on the mode option you select the websites and applications are filtered.
This feature will allow you to block all unwanted applications.
To enable Block Application follow these steps:
- Expand the parental control tab and Tap on Mode and select Application or Both mode.
- Tap on Block Applications this will display the list of applications; you can tap on each application to either block or allow each application.
You can also add Applications to Exclusion List.
Block Websites option will display the list of pre-defined categories of websites that are blocked and will also display the categories of websites that are allowed. Website blocking feature is only supported while using the default Android Browser and Chrome Browser.
To enable Block Website follow these steps:
- Expand the parental control tab and Tap on Mode and select website or both mode.
- Tap on Block Websites this will display the category of websites. Tap on each category to either block or allow each category of websites; this will block or allow the Websites in that category.
You can also add Applications to Exclusion List.
Call and SMS filter
With that feature you can filter incoming calls and messages. You can specify numbers, phrases, words and keywords that you want to white list and black list.
Filtering Call and SMS steps:
- On the eScan Mobile Security main screen, tap the Call and SMS Filter menu. The Mode, Black List, and White List sub-menu appears.
- Tap the Mode: sub-menu. The Call and SMS Filter screen appears.
- Specify the following field details:
eScan Mobile Security allows you to block the calls and SMS from the specified black listed numbers. You can add text and numbers that you want to block.
eScan Mobile Security also enables you to allow the calls and SMS from the specified white listed numbers.
You can view the list of entries of the blocked calls and the blocked messages. Tap the Mode: sub-menu. The Call and SMS Filter screen appears. Under Additional section, tap the Event Log option. The Call & SMS Filter Log screen appears.
The Anti-Theft feature provides security and ensures complete protection to your phone from any unauthorized access.
The anti-theft feature has the following options such as Block, Data Wipe, SIM watch, Lock watch and Scream. These functions can be activated on the device by sending an SMS command to your lost device.
Block – this feature will block the device on receiving an SMS command in case of loss or theft.
Data Wipe – this feature will delete all your personal details and information from the device as soon as it receives the special SMS command.
SIM Watch – this feature will send an SMS and email specifying the details of the new SIM and the location in case if the SIM has been changed after loss or theft of the device.
Lock Watch – when this feature is enabled a photo of the user will be captured from the front camera if the unlock attempt fails for more than two times.
Scream – when this feature is enabled it blocks the device by raising a loud alarm on receiving an SMS command “scream:secret_code”. You can stop the screaming by entering a secret code.
This feature will send an SOS message along with your device location (Latitude, Longitude) on the alternate number defined under Alternate contact details in Additional settings.
- Enable Personal Security – enable this option to send an SOS message along with the device location (Latitude, Longitude) to the alternate contact number added in the Additional settings.
- SOS message text – tap on this option to customize/ edit the SOS message (For e.g: I am in an emergency, need urgent help.)
- Power Button – enable this option to send an SOS message on pressing the power button 3-5 times.
- Shake Device – enable this option to send an SOS message on shaking the device 3- 5 times. After shaking the device you will have to tap the ‘Send Message’ button to complete the message sending process. This is to avoid false triggering of the message that can occur on accidental shake.
If you are looking for a great Android application that offers lots of options and features for the security of your Android eScan Mobile Security for Android is the thing you want.
The application is easy to use and takes only 8 MB of memory space from your Android.
It offers protection against malware. You can filter Calls and SMS. It updates itself, you only need the internet connection. If you are concerned for your children you can even block access to some websites. And you can even activate lock down or alarm procedures from far away if your Android is stolen.
If you want to TRY IT FOR FREE:
TRY IT NOW! -> eScan Mobile Security for Android